Camping without barbecue would be like picnic without soft drinks. But camping on a far off place require hell of planning. the carying barbecue essential and many other things to make the place like “jungle mai mungle” I had created achecklist for myself which was really useful. So I thought to share on blog .Why? I know, we already have many barbecue checklist but we need one that has all our regional essentials. That said, you’ll find this handy whether it’s BBQ on beach or farm or other picnic spot or even in your garden or terrace.
- Chiken Tikka
- Beef / Mutton / Chicken Boti
- Minced Beef / Mutton / Chicken Kabab (seekh kabab recipe)
Usual ingredients required for marination.
- Raw papaya / Meat Tenderizer
- Homemade or Readymade spice mix (Masala)
- Yougurt or/and Lemon
- Dhanya Pudina Chutney (Mint and Corriander)
- Imli Chutney (Tamarind)
- Garlic and Cumin Raita (Zeera)
We prefer making fresh salad.
- Green Chillies
- Salt and Pepper
- Sweet Dish or Mithai
- Peanuts, chips, nimco, nuts, chocolates, etc for munching
- Chapati or nan or roti
- Soft Drinks, Juices, Soda
- Serving plates
- Disposable plates and glasses
- Disposable glasses or cup for Tea
- Hot Pots and/or foil paper for keeping barbecue hot.
- Knives to make fresh salad.
Steel tray, hot pot , skewer
- Tongs to remove cooked barbecue from Seekh.
- Steel Bucket to dip hot seekh in water to cool down.
- Trays preferrably of stainless steel, to store seekh with uncooked meat.
- Sigri ( Stove)
- Karosine oil
- Cooking oil and brush
- Seekh ( skewer) or Grill
- Newspaper / Wet wipes/ Paper napkins
- Scissors and soaps
- Shopping bags and Garbage bags
Update: If you have griller like in the below photograph on coal.Then you don’t need bucket, or metal skewers. Just carry wooden skewers soaked in water overnight. So you can put your boti on wooden skewers and place them on griller. Wet skewers won’t catch fire. For seekh kabab skewers and bucket will required. )
You can buy mineral water or just carry your regular dispenser bottle. Place it on water cooler and you are ready.
- Water Cooler
- Mineral water gallon / Dispenser Bottle
You can always take with you prepared black tea in thermos flask and add milk seperately.
- Thermos Flask
- Skilet or pot
Now, if it’s a picnic spot or Camping site, you might want to carry these too.
- Sitting mats or Chattai / Dari
- Chandni (Clean white sheet)
- Shawl or other warm clothes
And, if it’s a place where electricity is not available so you might want to carry these too. Neverthless, this drawback makes such places adventurous, quite, serene and a lot more fun.
- Dumb sherades
- Kho Kho
Lastly, it’s alway better to divide responsibilites and items. While only one person can lead and make sure nothings forgotten.
We have enjoyed barbecue on beaches, farms and even on camping sites far off on the mountains with this checklist. Please comment and let me know if it’s helpful. And also let me perfect it by giving suggestions.