The aroma of tangy orange juice mingled with buttery cucumber will fill your house. To make sour cucumber soup with this never failing recipe, just boil and blend fresh cucumber and add all ingredients. You’ll love the vibrant color, and tangy aroma infused with sweet and sour flavors. The soup is really thin and light appetizer. Plus,this tasty soup is kids-friendly for its jucy flavor and a delight for picky eaters.
How to make Sour Cucumber Soup
The key ingredient in this recipe is orange juice which gives a unique sweet and sour blend to cucumber’s mellow flavor. We start with fresh green cucumbers, peel off the skin and chop them in chunks. Boil it with a cup of chicken stock. Cover the lid.
Add all remaining ingredients, chicken powder, orange juice, salt and pepper.
Add the final dollop of butter and soup is ready. The actual soup is really vibrant, the image is not showing the real color.
Sour Cucumber Soup with orange juice
Time: 23 min Prep time: 5 mins Cooking time: 18 minutes Servings: 3-4
- 3 large cucumbers
- 6 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 to 2 tbs chicken powder
- 1.5 cups Nestle orange juice
- 1 dollop of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and peel the cucumber and chop them in chunk.
- Boil cucumbers with 1 cup stock on medium heat for 10 minutes un till soft with lid covered.
- When cucumbers are soft, blend them and add remaining chicken stock.
- Add all remaining ingredients, like chicken powder, salt , pepper and orange juice and cooks for 8 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
Notes and Tips
- Adding 1/2 cup of sweet corns is further kick to the soup.
- Butter further enhances the flavor but you can skip it for low-fat version.
- Use vegetable stock and skip chicken powder for vegetarian version.