Green chutney is made with coriander(dhanya) and/or mint(pudina). This chutney is so adaptive that ginger, garlic , coconut(naryal), tamarind , lemon, chilies, cumin all pairs well with these two herbs to form delicious low fat and low cal dip for fresh salads and snacks. This recipe is one so many variation of this chutney. Addition of coconut makes it a thick dip that blends with all Pakistani dishes.
How to make delicious green chutney with coconut and yogurt.
Author: Mariam Sodawater
Recipe time : 10 min|Prep Time: 5 min| Serving: Makes 2 cups |Recipe type: Condiment, vegetarian, low fat,low cal, healthy dip recipe|Cuisine: Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi
- 1 cup corriander (dhanya)leaves, packed
- 1 cup mint (pudina) leaves, packed
- 1 inch piece of fresh coconut or 1 tbs dessicated coconut
- 25oml yogurt, 1.5 c
- 2-3 green chili
- 1 tsp cumin(zeera) powder
- 2 tbs lemon
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- Separate mint and coriander leaves from the twigs and wash them carefully.
- Add all ingredients except yogurt in a blender and blend into a smooth paste, add little water if required to blend.
- Whisk yogurt into a smooth consistency and mix with the green paste.
- Chutney is ready.
- Use clean spoon for serving.
- Store in fridge and chutney stays good for a week or more.
- You can also freeze it and thaw it, when required.
- Discard if mold appears, chutney smells bad or turns really sour.
Step by Step how to make dhanya pudina chutney/ mint coriander chutney.
In a blender add mint, coriander, coconut, lemon juice, zeera powder and salt. blend into a very smooth paste, this might take a few minutes and scrapping in between.
In a bowl whisk yogurt into a smooth paste, now add green mixture and mix well.
- You can make it without coconut too.
- You can also add 1 tbs roasted peanuts or 1 tbs roasted channa to it.
Like us, share and comment to let us know what you feel about us. Follow me on social media.