Kachumbar Salad also called cucumber salad, is served as a side line with biryani and pulao along with raita. The crunchy, juicy salad is part of South Asian Cuisine, that pairs easily with a variety of dishes.
This recipe is using lemon based dressing but instead of lemon, 1/2 cup yogurt and 1 tsp sugar addition also tastes delicious. The chilled yogurt kachumbar(Kachumbar raita) salad is a refreshing summer salad served with mixed dal and chawal.
How to make Kachumbar Salad
Author: Mariam Sodawater
Recipe time:7 min|Serving: 4-6 Recipe type:salad recipe, vegetarian,vegan ,healthy, low-cal, low-fat recipe|Cuisine: Pakistan, India, Bangladesh
- 2 finely sliced medium sized onions
- 1 chopped medium sized cucumber
- 1 chopped medium sized tomato
- 1 chopped green chili
- 1tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs chopped corriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients except salt and pepper.
- Add salt and pepper just before serving, so the salad stays fresh and crunchy.
Step by step recipe of how to make Kachumbar Salad
2. Add salt and pepper right before serving as salt will make the vegetable release all the water. You can also serve radish, beetroot, carrot or turnip along with this salad.
- The recipe uses 2 onion, you can use only 1 onion or even make it without onions.
- You can change porportion of vegetables to your choice.
Like and comment to let us know your opinion and suggestions.Subscribe us to stay updated. Follow us on social media.