On a lazy day, while reading your favorite book, sometimes you crave for brownie that is easy to make and the ingredients are also available. Something that you can have with tea with least effort and enjoy the moment.
This is the easiest chocolate brownie recipe possible and is made with quickest possible method. No equipment required, and with ingredient that are almost always present at home. No chocolate or chocolate chip required, it is made with cocoa powder.The top is fudgy and center is cake like. I’ll soon share the recipe of chocolate fudgy brownie too.
How to make Easiest Chocolate brownie from scratch, Chocolate brownie recipe
Author: Mariam Sodawater
Recipe time: 45 min|Prep time:15 min|Baking Time:30 min|Recipe type:dessert, snack, cake|Cuisine: world|Serving:4-6
- 1 cup egg (approx 4)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (good quality)
- 1/2 cup salted butter / vegetable oil
- 1, 1/2 to 1, 3/4 cup icing sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 2 tbs milk
- a pinch of salt (not required if using salted butter)
- Preheat the oven at gas mark 4 or 350F or 177 C.
- Grease your 8 inch square baking dish with oil or butter.
- In a bowl, take plain flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder, whisk it with the help of fork.
- In another bowl whisk eggs and add sugar. Beat egg and sugar with wire whisker for a minute.
- Add butter and whisk again.
- Add cocoa ,flour mixture and mix well with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture in the baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Check after 25 minutes by inserting a stick, the fudgy brownie will stick to the checking stick. If liquid batter is visible on stick, bake brownie for more 5-10 minutes.
Step by Step Chocolate brownie recipe.
For this recipe, you can use cup or mug of any size. I take 2 same size mugs. Fill my eggs and then I take equal amount of flour in other cup. Then measure cocoa powder and oil which are half of egg in volume. So one cup is to measure wet ingredients and other is measure dry ingredients.
Add butter or oil and whisk very well.
The rich smell of brownie fills the house and you know its ready. 30-35 minute of baking.
Cover your brownie immediately after taking out of the oven to trap the moisture and to have gooey top. I’ll also store the brownie in the same dish.
- You can use electric beater too for beating egg, sugar and butter.
- You may use less or more sugar as per your taste. More sugar will overshadow the dark chocolate flavor.
- You may add roasted nut on top of your brownie, just before placing it in oven.
- For best brownies, height of batter filled in tray should be between 1 and 1.5 inch.
- If making you are making your own powdered sugar always grind in small batches and for few extra minutes. I often sift the powdered sugar like flour so I separate bigger sugar granules from fine particles. This step is very important in baking any cake as large sugar granules can settle down in the cake pan and can burn easily.
- Always break eggs one by one in a separate bowl. Like break an egg in a small bowl and transfer to large container. Break another egg in small bowl and then add that one to first egg. So if one of the egg is rotten it doesn’t get mixed with good eggs.