You must have heard ‘less is more’. Yeah…. it was all about good almond soup. The key to making best almond soup is not in adding something; but its about not adding anything else except almonds. Almond have very delicate flavor so garlic, spices and anything can quickly undermine the nutty taste of almonds. If you love roasted almonds try my homemade almond butter. It’s easy to make and have heavenly taste.
How to make easy almond soup/ Easy and quick almond soup recipe
This is a light and soothing soup, serve it with fresh lemon or lime.
Author: Mariam Sodawater
Recipe time:45 min| Prep time:10 min|Cooking time:35 min|Serving:6 cup|Recipe type:amazing Soup,starter,appetizer |Cuisine: vegetarian, healthy soup, vegan
- 4 cups Chicken sock / Vegetable stock
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup silver almond (how to blanch almonds)
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 tbs cream
- 1 tbs plain flour (see notes 1)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the silver almonds in a pan on medium low flame for 1 -2 minutes. Keep tossing the almonds till you see almond releasing natural oil and the color of almonds changes to light golden.
- Let them cool for few minutes then grind the almonds very finely.
- In a vessel on very low flame add butter, flour and grinded fine powder of almonds and saute for a minute.
- Add warm chicken/vegetable stock and water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste in the almond soup.
- Simmer on medium low flame for 20 minutes so the white almonds soup have released all its flavors in the soup.
- Add fresh cream just before serving.
- Serve with a slice of fresh lemon.
Step by step toasted easy almond soup recipe:
We start with blanched silver almonds for this recipe. Roast them in a pan and they will release their natural oil.
Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 20 minutes on medium low flame with lid covered so all the flavors blend together.
Serve with a slice of fresh lemon.
- Always add cream in serving bowl before serving as the cream with curdle upon heating. If the cream curdles almond soup is still good to eat but the look of the soup is not very pleasant.
- This is a thin consistency shorba soup, but you can increase the quantity of flour added with grinded almond to 4 tbs for a thick soup. Or you can also add cornflour for thickening soup.
- You may add 1/2 tin of sweet corns for enriched flavors.
Do forget to like, comment or share this recipe. Subscribe us.
Follow us on social media.