This is super simple soup with very little ingredients. The corn is sliced thickly and cooked over night, when the cob core has turned soft and has released all its sweet juice, season the soup with coconut milk/ coconut milk powder and you are ready to enjoy the evening. While you can enjoy the kernel, you’ll be surprised you can chew the cobs too which releases sweet juice from the center. Children and toddlers just love this really light, thin vegetarian soup, its sort of ‘corn ka paya’.
How to make clear corn soup with cobs.
Author: Mariam Huzaifa
Recipe time: 9 hours|Prep time: 10 minutes|Cooking time: 8 hours|Recipe type: soup|Cuisine: Asian
- 4 large corn, thickly sliced with cobs
- 2 tbs sugar ( not required if using sweet corns)
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 3 tbs coconut milk powder
- 12 cups of water or more.
- Put sliced corns, salt, sugar and chili powder in a pot 3/4 full of water.
- Cook over night in medium low flame for around (8-10 hour)
- Next day, add coconut milk powder and cook for few minute to bring it to boil.
- Adjust salt and sugar as per taste.
- Serve with sliced corn cobs.
- Thickly cut the corns to form 1 inch cylindrical sections.
- Fill a large pot 3/4 with water.
- Add corn, sugar,salt and red chili powder.
- Cover and cook over night on medium low flame.
- So that is what the soup looks like after releasing all flavors.
- Add coconut milk powder, give it a boil .
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- Soup is ready to serve.
- You can also add corn stock in the soup. (Corn stock using cobs after removing kernels.)
- If you use fresh corn here’s best way to blanch and freeze fresh corns.
- A reader suggested, if using sweet corns for making this soup, sugar is not required. Whereas locally available fresh corns of Pakistan are not sweet corn.
Don’t forget to like and share the love of food. Subscribe us.