Now, the recipe of this dish came from a friend but when I googled it, I found a very similar recipe of Shireen Anwar. My friend, probably took inspiration from her recipe. Here’s the link to that recipe.
This version of recipe is more eastern, the spices and flavors of paratha roll are blended with Mexican wet burritos serving style and so we have a fusion recipe. The frozen paratha roll bake has a tempting look and if you have these chutneys ready in hand, the dish can be prepared in a breeze. Plus this dish is so adaptable you can always make changes according to ingredients in hand and can be prepared a day ahead and baked before serving.
How to make frozen paratha roll bake recipe
Author: Mariam Huzaifa
Recipe time: 60 min|Prep time:30 |Cooking time:20| Serving:5 |Recipe type:main course| Cuisine: Fusion , Pakistani
- 1 boneless chicken breast, small pieces
- 2-3 tbs Tikka masala
- 2 tbs cream (doodh ki balai)
- 2 tbs yogurt (dahi)
- 2 tbs ginger garlic paste (adrak)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder (kali mirch)
- 1/4 cup oil (tel)
Paratha roll ingredients
- 5 frozen paratha
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup tamarind chutney (imli)
- 1/2 cup coriander and mint chutney (dhanya pudina)
- 2-3 jalapeno pepper ( darmiyani hari mirch), chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 large onion (piyaz), sliced
- 2 capsicum (shimla mirch), chopped
- 2-4 jalapeño pepper ( hari mirch)
- 2 tbs olives sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- In a bowl mix all the ingredient of marinade. And set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a pot cook marinated chicken on medium low flame until tender about 20 minutes.
- Grease a baking and preheat oven on 350 F.
- Keep a deep plate filled with milk ready. Fry frozen paratha in a non stick pan without oil. Immediately deep hot paratha in milk for 5 sec and spread on the greased baking dish.
- Repeat with other four paratha.
- In a bowl mix mayonnaise, mint, coriander chutney, garlic and chopped chilies. Add onion and capsicum, mix well.
- Divide cooked chicken into 5 parts.
- Fill one paratha with chicken and chutney mixture, roll and fill other parathas.
- Garnish the rolls with remaining chicken, olives, capsicum, onions and sauces. Make sure the dish has to be juicy with sauces.
- Cover with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until dish is well heated and cheese has melted.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
Chicken is ready when water is dried and meat is tender.
Keep milk ready in a bowl.
Fry each frozen paratha.
Dip each frozen paratha in the milk bowl for few seconds.
Transfer paratha to greased baking dish.
Shred chicken into smaller pieces and divide chicken into five parts and set aside.
In a bowl mix chutneys and mayonnaise with jalapeno and garlic.
Put the filling along with chicken int each paratha.
Set all the paratha in the dish like this.As the paratha dipped in milk are soft soe we do filling in dish only to avoid breakage.
Bake for 15-20 minutes on 350 F or until bubbling hot.
- If making a day ahead store in fridge, and bring to room temperature before baking.