Lasan is Gujarati word for garlic. Lasanyo is celebrated winter breakfast of dawoodi bohra community. It’s a layered dish with layers of bhuna qeema, finely chopped green garlic and raw organic (desi) eggs. Smoking hot ghee is poured from top to fry the raw eggs. Green garlic is said to provide warmth to body in winter so it’s a must eat winter food. Lasanyo can be eaten with roti, bread and karak double roti but bajra roti is traditional match for it like makai roti is a match for sarsoon ka saag.
Few dishes are made well with judgement (andaza) than with recipe. So take this recipe as a guide line and adjust it according to your taste.
How to make Lasanyo, layered mince and garlic with half fried eggs.
Author: Mariam Huzaifa
Recipe time: 15 min|Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 5 min| Recipe type: breakfast, dinner | Cuisine: Bohra food, bohri cuisine, Gujarati food,parsi food recipes
- 1 cup cooked mince meat (bhuna keema, keema masala or 250 gm Keema boiled in 1 tbs hara masala) See notes 1
- 1.5 cup finely chopped green garlic (hara lahsun)
- 4-5 organic eggs (desi anday)
- 3/4 tsp cumin seed, roasted and grounded (zeera)
- 1/2 cup clarified butter (ghee) , oil can be used too
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- Keep oil / ghee on heating on medium low heat.
- In a bowl mix roasted and grounded cumin, salt and pepper with finely chopped green garlic and set aside.
- In fry pan spread a layer on bhuna keema, heat it.
- Add another layer of green garlic on keema.
- Break the eggs on the green garlic in the pan.
- Evenly pour hot oil / ghee on eggs to half fry them.
- Place fry pan on heat and cook the eggs. ( Do this step only if eggs are still uncooked after pouring oil). Cook eggs on low flame so they turn white but still very soft.
- Serve hot with bajra roti or paratha or karak double roti.
Mix roasted and grounded cumin, salt and pepper with green garlic, and keep oil on on low heat.
In a fry pan make a layer of keema, heat it. Add a layer of chopped garlic.
Break eggs on green garlic.
Fry eggs by pouring hot oil on eggs.
Cook eggs on medium heat if required. Serve hot. As the eggs cool a bit all oil will be absorbed.
Hara masala is made by blending 2 parts of green chili with 1 part of ginger and 1 part of garlic.