Step by step recipe of fresh turmeric tea with photos.
Turmeric is an Indian wonder spice with many health benefits. You can check benefits here. This tea is very beneficial. Its taste is sweet but strong. You’ll like this tea if you have taste for ginger tea. For best results use fresh turmeric with fresh ginger. But you can make it with ginger and turmeric powder too. I like it both with and without sweetner. Check end of post for step by step fresh turmeric paste recipe with photos and storage tips. Turmeric is best taken with milk , check turmeric latte for recipe.
- Turmeric is blood thinning so it is not good for people taking blood thinning medicines and those who are about to go for any surgery.
- Turmeric tea is best taken in winters and should be avoided in hot weather.
How to make fresh turmeric tea recipe
Author: Mariam Huzaifa
Recipe Time:10 minute| Recipe type: Herbal Tea, dairy free| Serving: 2 cups
- 2 and 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbs turmeric paste or 3/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tbs ginger paste or 1/2 tsp ginger powder (adrak)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder or 1 inch whole cinnamon (dal cheeni)
- 1 and 1/2 tbs honey or sugar or maple syrup or more (cheeni)
- 1/2 pinch black pepper (kali mirch)
- 3-4 drops olive oil, or any other fat (tel)
- few drops lemon juice
- Boil water in a skillet.
- Add in ginger, turmeric, cinnamon and pepper.
- Boil for 1-2 minutes until color is orangish.
- Add lemon juice and honey. The color will change to yellow.
- Strain and serve hot. You can save the extra tea in fridge and have it next day too after reheating.
Step by step recipe of turmeric tea
Boil for 1-2 minutes.
Add lemon juice and honey. Strain and serve.
Step by step how to make Tumeric paste with fresh Tumeric.
Fresh turmeric is a root just like ginger but smaller in size.
To prepare Turmeric paste, first wash it turmeric.
Peel it just like ginger, this will take time a lot of time. (Also wear gloves as turmeric will stain the hand badly and stains won’t go up to two days. It will also stain your plastic utensils but stains fade away with time.)
Just chop it finely or make a paste with as little water as required. Your turmeric paste is ready for use it any recipe.
Storage of turmeric paste
- Freeze turmeric in ice cube trays and then remove from tray to zip lock bags. Also measure how many tablespoon goes in one cube so you know how many cube will be required in a recipe.
- The paste last in the fridge too in an air tight container for 4-5 days.