Step by step recipe of chicken salad sandwiches with photos.
I have packed these sandwiches for years and years in many picnic and journeys. In fact, all my picnic buddies have tasted these sandwiches at least once. And these sandwiches are crowd pleaser, I tell you. Just freeze them and they can make delicious frozen sandwiches that would last fresh up to 36 hours on travel in ice box or near Air Conditioner. And these chicken salad sandwich are far better than store bought.Apart from that these are great for school lunch box, or tea time and kids really love it.
The crunch of vegetable, the aroma of cilantro and the spice of chili slices midst of sweet and sour juices will make you wanting more and more.
How to make Chicken Salad Sandwich
Author: Mariam Huzaifa
Recipe time:45 min|Prep time:25 mins|Cooking time: 20 min| Recipe type: Teatime, picnic, travel food recipes|Serving :12 sandwich
- 300 gm chicken, boneless, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp green chili paste
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbs water
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili garlic sauce
- 2 cup mayonnaise (or greek yogurt for healthy version)
- 1/2 tbs garlic paste
- 1/2 tbs mustard sauce
- 1/2 tbs soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbs fresh corriander,chopped
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded( optional)
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, shreded
- 1/4 cup capsicum, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup cabbage, shredded
- In a pot mix chicken, water, green chill paste, ginger garlic paste and salt. Cook for 20 minutes until tender. Dry all water by heating on high flame with constant stirring.
- Shred the chicken in chopper or with hands and set aside.
- While chicken cooks, mix the sauce ingredients together.
- Mix chicken and sauce together, this mix stays well in fridge for a week.
- To make a few sandwitches, mix some chicken spread and vegetables in equal quantity. Spread a thick layer on a bread slice. Add salad leaf and serve cold.
- You can mix all vegetable right away if planing to use all spread within two hours. (After mixing vegetable, the vegetables release water and spread turns runny and losses spreadibility, so mixing vegetable before serving works best).
- For picnic or journey . Take all spread in a container, add all vegetables on top and take to the destination. Mix all ingredients together before making sandwiches.
- You can also make sandwiches ahead and take with you.
Step by step recipe of chicken salad sandwich
Mix chicken with green chili, ginger garlic paste and salt.
Transfer to a pot, add water and cook chicken for 20 minutes on medium low flame until chicken is tender and water dries.
When chicken is ready, let it cool and then shred it and set aside.
While chicken cooks, chop the vegetables and set aside.
Then, mix all the sauce ingredients in a large bowl.
Add shredded chicken.
Add egg and cheese.
You can mix all vegetables together if you want to make all sandwich right away. Or mix little spread chicken spread with vegetables and make a small batch of sandwich.
For travel and picnics.
If making for a travel or picnic or for a day ahead preparations. You can prepare sandwich at home. Or you can take spread and make sandwich there. For that keep all paste in a container.
And put all vegetables on top of it. Pack it like that and mix it just before making sandwich on the spot.